Skip to content

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown!

23-Jan-2006

Lenn from LennDevours, normally a guy I really like and whose wine opinions I absolutely respect, has gone just a wee bit over the edge.  The dang fool is a Steelers’ fan!  What in the world is wrong with the man!?!?

Of course, I am a true-blue Seahawk fan – could there be a doubt about that?   So, we’ve come up with a little wager for the Superbowl.  A Bordeaux-style blend for a Bordeaux-style blend.

So come on all you who make up the 12th Man – let’s show Lenn what he’s really up against!
7 Comments
  1. Unknown permalink
    23-Jan-2006 8:03 pm

Having grown up in Pittsburgh I have to warn you B – make sure he doesn\’t slip in an old can of Olde Frothingslosh with your winnings.

2. Unknown permalink
    24-Jan-2006 6:50 am

Don\’t worry…I\’d never make anyone drink that garbage… :)

3. Culinary permalink
    24-Jan-2006 9:23 am

:-) sounds like only something only a native could love – or I guess not even a native, in this case! I\’m not worried about Lenn, E. Besides being a stand-up guy on his own, his better half well defintely keep him in line! ~ B

4. Unknown permalink
    24-Jan-2006 10:08 am

I\’d never even make someone drink Iron City Beer either…I only drink it during football games because it\’s a tradition…it tastes faintly of rust and the Monongahela River!

5. Unknown permalink
    24-Jan-2006 1:59 pm

I always preferred the waters of the Allegheny – so pristine. ;-)

6. Unknown permalink
    24-Jan-2006 2:03 pm

Olde Frothingslosh! Shwiiing! I have several of those in my beer can collection when I lived in western PA in the early \’80\’s. Hey! Gimme an I-C Light!Chilly Billy is my name…This is…the home of…the Super Bowl team. Let\’s go the Pittsburgh Steelers. Rocky…and Franco…and Mean Joe Greene. Let\’s go the Pittsburgh Steelers…Sorry. Just reliving my childhood.And…ahem…go Steelers. Sorry Beep.Sal

7. Culinary permalink
    25-Jan-2006 6:54 am

I\’m learning SOOOO much about Pennsylvania – I think much more than is actually necessary! Sal, you disappoint me…. after all the places you\’ve lived how could you hold on to the Steelers?!?! *sigh*~ B

Comments are closed.